American Garage Door Co., Inc. in Phoenix has some suggestions on how to keep your garage door working the way you want it to for many years. Even if your door is brand new, it still needs a lube job at least three times a year. Most manufacturers use rollers, bearings and other moving parts that require minimal lubrication, but your garage door will work better and last longer if you make sure all moving parts are sprayed with a silicone spray about every quarter. Here are our six tips for performing maintenance on your garage door:
- Aim the spray directly into the hub of the garage door rollers and give each a liberal squirt.
- If you look on each end of the torsion bar near the cable drum, you will find a bearing that surrounds the torsion bar. Spray each bearing liberally.
- On double car doors there may be this type of bearing attached to the center bracket of the torsion bar. Do the same to it.
- It is a good idea to lube the pivot points and stems on all the end and pivot points on center hinges.
- If your door has torsion springs it is wise to spray the top of the spring(s) and let the lubricant flow into the spring windings.
- Lock strikes and handles should also get the same attention if thos parts are present.
If doing it yourself seems a bit too much, our team at American Garage Door Co., can assist. As a distributor of garage doors and related products since 1959, Phoenix-based American Garage Door Co., Inc. offers a broad selection of high-quality garage doors with the functionality, designs and accessories to complement your home. For more information contact us toll free at 866-541-3300, locally at 602-437-3300, or by email at email@example.com